This presentation can be tailored depending on knowledge and time available for Board members. This is a high-level overview that examines research and prevalence of abuse in Australia. We explore the gaps and barriers and how we can build a Child Safe Culture. We also explore the most current misconduct statistics and how we can build a culture that keeps children safe.
- Prevalence of abuse and impact
- Child Safe Standards/Principles
- Legislation and obligations
- Governance risk and compliance processes
- Creating a child safe culture
- Empowering children and young people
- Empowering staff and volunteers